Each week, HC compiles hot news to know in our Trends of the Week feature.
HC CHICAGO HOT LIST.
This week marks the official start of summer, so it’s time to buckle up and conquer some unfamiliar eats and treats. Here are a few must-try places for this week’s Chicago trends:
- When the heart says margs but the wallet says otherwise, head to the High Noon Saloon, which has endless deals that will totally transform your Taco Tuesday Temptations (say that five times fast!). With$2 Tacos, $3 Tequila Shots, $4 Tallboys and $5 margs, your week will start off with a whopping donkey kick!
- Need an excuse to post a trendy picture on social media? Take a visit to Bombobar, where an explosion of flavors shine through these wild drinks and treats. Italian ice, s’mores and hot chocolate are just a small portion of this flavorful, tasty menu! Treat yourself to a sugar-kick today.
- Enjoy a meal with a loyal friend at Smyth & The Loyalist! It doesn’t get more real than it does here, with two menus that merge into one, made of fresh local produce that gives authenticity a whole new meaning. Find yourself at this trending restaurant on 177 Ada Street on the city’s Near West Side.
You can now pay a flat fee of $99 for a 12-month subscription to Apple Music. If you are already a current Apple Music Subscriber, you can go to your membership settings and switch to the brand-new annual plan. If you aren’t an existing subscriber, you are stuck with purchasing a subscription at the original cost, and eventually will be able to jump to the $99 subscription. Switching to the new subscription saves you 17.5 percent per year.
CAMPAIGNS WE LOVE.
The Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity is in full-swing. Every year, top public relations and advertising pros gather to celebrate the best campaigns in the world. This weekend, public relations awards were given to the top promotional campaigns of the year. A common theme? Girl power. Here are two of our favorite award-winning campaigns from the Cannes Lions Festival.
- Fearless girl: Top Wall Street executives noticed a big problem – the financial sector is predominantly male. What did State Street Global Advisers do in response? Show the world that girls aren’t scared of the bull. This memorable campaign created by McCann New York took home several Gold Lions.
- Woman Interrupted: Manterrupted – a common problem in a woman’s life when a man interrupts her in daily conversations. BETC created an app where women can track how many times men interrupt them, and their PR efforts around this app earned them a Silver Lion.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK.
HC’s quote of the week provides you with weekly motivation, delivered straight to your inbox. Get inspired!
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT.
Nothing says summertime in Chicago like movies in the park! Want to break the ice on that first date, hang out with a bestie, or just treat yourself to a party for one? Chicago has an incredible movie screening schedule that is not only free, but also can make every night of the week that much sweeter for you. So, it’s time to grab your blanket, pop that microwave popcorn and enjoy some great entertainment at a variety of parks!